Many producers have experienced difficulties in the operation of the existing equipment and improvements are required to meet both present and future production rates. Aiming to perform steady-state design and rating, scientists use well-designed program to evaluate alternatives to remove bottlenecks in existing facilities. The entire process is studied to determine the limitations of existing equipment.
Figure 1. Initial grid representation of a heat exchanger network in the simulation method. (Panjeshahi, M. H; et al. 2006)
Alfa Chemistry provides de-bottlenecking of existing facilities for you. We offer simulation method, design program, computational fluid dynamics and multi-period flexible design to significantly improve the whole chemical process. Our de-bottlenecking of existing facilities services include the following:
- Simulation methods
We have applied a new generation of simulation software to simplify the modeling and setup of analysis problems. Our cloud-based high-performance computing revolution can make simulation resources easily and affordably available to engineering organizations of all sizes.
1. Our simulation methods allow users to perform analysis directly on imported CAD geometry.
2. We are capable of analyzing complex parts and large assemblies.
3. Our meshless structural analysis can advance that simplify and accelerate the traditionally time- and labor-intensive tasks of analysis model creation and problem setup.
- Design program
Our groups have designed a new program to help our customers perform steady-state design and calculation of the process of single or multiple systems to eliminate the existing bottlenecks. Our unique program has the following advantages:
1. Modeling of single and multiphase systems, including convergent, divergent and complex looped systems.
2. Support different de-bottlenecking calculation modes.
3. Detailed unit operations for modeling sources, pressure drop elements.
4. Calculation of heat and transform under ambient conditions.
5. Support multiple flow/pressure drop methods including isothermal and adiabatic gas.
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD)
Our experts conduct CFD simulation process for complex CAD models to remove bottlenecks of the whole process.
1. The volume utilization and flow pattern improvements can be achieved by using CFD research.
2. We improve the overall utilization of existing equipment through the application of CFD calculations, and the CFD results also show the changes in flow patterns that accompany these improvements.
3. We also study the structure of the related equipment, the characteristics of the process flow, and other changes required to achieve improvements.
- Multi-period flexible design
At Alfa Chemistry, a multi-period flexible design method is proposed. Its characteristic is to design chemical process flexibly by fully considering discrete operating scenarios in multiple periods and possible fluctuations in each operating scenario. We identify and eliminate bottlenecks that limit the flexibility of each sub-period, thereby optimizing the whole chemical process.
1. Have an intuitive process flow chart which can clearly and accurately present the entire operating environment.
2. Completely modernized user interface built on the latest technology.
3. A diversity of report modes are available.
4. Optimization of the process with simple structure and low total annual cost can be obtained through our multi-period flexible design.
Application of Our Services
1. Identify potentially dangerous relief scenarios during design phase or current operational scenarios.
2. Enhance thermodynamic engine by using various three-phase flash algorithms for a rapid and robust solution.
3. Verify the engineering specification of all devices and facilities.
4. Confirm the current configuration and pipe sizes.
5. Check of total system performance.
De-bottlenecking of existing facilities provides an effective way to optimize the chemical process. Our de-bottlenecking of existing facilities services remarkably reduce the cost, promote further experiments, and enhance the understanding of chemical process for customers worldwide. Our personalized and all-around services will satisfy your innovative study demands. If you are interested in our services, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are glad to cooperate with you and witness your success!
- Panjeshahi, M. H; et al. De-bottlenecking of Heat Exchanger Networks, Already Designed by Pinch Design Method. Chisa 2006, 17th International Congress of Chemical and Process Engineering. 2006.