Facing the fiercely competitive global market environment, the chemical industry must implement informatization construction to reduce production costs, improve product quality and shorten market response time, obtain better economic benefits, and maintain an advantage in the competition. The automation and production management of the chemical batch production process has become a hot research issue in the field of automation. The objects of batch operations scheduling include raw materials, auxiliary materials, semi-finished products and finished products which are involved in the whole chemical processes. The purpose of batch operation scheduling is to pursue greater benefits through optimized management. Batch operation can increase the traceability of product quality and increase the controllability of quality, especially for the adjustment of process parameters.
Figure 1. Optimal scheduling of operating policy for anaerobic batch digesters. (Neba, F. A.; et al. 2019)
Advantages of Batch Operation Scheduling
- Reduce production cost.
- Respond to environmental or safety regulations rapidly.
- Save time in scale-up phases.
- Reduce the time to market of new products.
Alfa Chemistry provides accurate batch operation scheduling for you. Our focuses of batch simulation are the setting of simulation, and the display and analysis of simulation results. Our batch operation scheduling services include the following:
We set a series of detailed configuration of the batch process including the heating or cooling device and condensers which relies on proven and efficient computational chemistry methods.
For static scheduling issue, we consider the randomness factors in the chemical process and introduce probability theory into the production schedule, which can effectively solve the problem of time conflicts in the chemical process.
For dynamic scheduling issue, our teams propose two new scheduling algorithms, one is a combination of predictive modification method and online adjustment algorithm using standby equipment, the other uses reinforcement learning to establish an intelligent scheduling system.
Our experts have developed robust models to run mass and energy balances and phase equilibria, and provide the time evolution of the process main operating variables: temperature, concentrations, reaction heat, condensed quantity, production quality and quantity.
We have established a model for multi-product and multi-purpose batch production process to provide support for the modeling, performance analysis and design of the dynamic system of the chemical process.
Various effective mathematical analysis tools and computational chemical formulas are used to test the performance of the system and perform system simulation after the batch process is systematically modeled.
In batch simulation, we simulate multiple variables together at one time, and use the simulation results to select the most suitable chemical process.
- A detailed modeling of the batch operation (heating/cooling system, condenser...).
- A reactional model fitted on available experimental results.
- A thermophysical model suited to the problem to be addressed.
- A reliable description of the production recipe.
- A user-friendly interface, fast calculations and easily exploitable results.
Application of Our Services
- Evaluating the possibility of a new production in an existing chemical process.
- Developing a strategy to optimize and control the batch process.
- Reproducing lab experiments to pilot plant and production.
- Accumulating the knowledge and experience gained during the batch process scheduling by archiving its model.
- Reducing batch times and product waste.
Batch operation scheduling provides an effective way to optimize the chemical process. Our batch operation scheduling services remarkably reduce the cost, promote further experiments, and enhance the understanding of chemical process for customers worldwide. Our personalized and all-around services will satisfy your innovative study demands. If you are interested in our services, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are glad to cooperate with you and witness your success!
- Neba, F. A.; et al. Attainable regions and fuzzy multi-criteria decisions: Modeling a novel configuration of methane bioreactor using experimental limits of operation. Bioresource Technology. 2019, 295: 122273.